Junior CounselorBe a Junior Counselor at JCC Maccabi Sports Camp!
Take the next step in your camp journey and begin the transition from camper to staff.
Those selected to be a Junior Counselor will enjoy the perks of being a full staff member, including valuable skill training and development, hands-on experiential learning, supportive work environment, and the fun of making new friends and working with peers….all within the meaningful community of JCC Maccabi Sports Camp.
All JC’s will serve as a camp counselor, assigned to a specific cabin each session, and will also take to the athletic field and serve as an assistant coach during core sports. Additionally, JC’s will enjoy ongoing training and development opportunities to help continue to cultivate important skills.
Benefits of the program:
- Learn valuable skills that can be applied to any vocation
- Cultivate leadership skills
- Hang with old friends and meet new people
- You’ll be at camp!
- Hands on experience working with children and the opportunity to learn coaching skills from Head Coaches
- Develop your time management, communication, and problem solving skills
- Special programming and field trips designed exclusively for the Junior Counselor cohort
- Put yourself on a path towards full time staff for next summer
More info about the program:
- Must be a rising 12th grader to be eligible
- All JC’s are required to attend Staff Week
- Minimum commitment is one 2-week session, though JC’s are encouraged to commit to more than one session
- $200 stipend for each session plus $150 bonus for working the full summer
- Room and board included as part of compensation. Required to live at camp.
To learn more, contact Eytan Graubart, firstname.lastname@example.org or (415) 997-8844.