Lilly is a 4th grade soccer player from Mountain View, CA and last summer was her first time at a sleepaway camp. Months after her camp experience, Lilly created this list of her Top 10 Favorite Things about JCC Maccabi Sports Camp to share with other kids who are interested in coming to camp. Thanks, Lilly, for creating this awesome list and we can’t wait to see you this summer!
1. My top favorite thing at camp is having fun with everything and getting to know everyone who was there
2. My 2nd favorite thing is swimming every day. (You have to pass a test at the beginning to get into the water, also you don’t have to swim every day.)
3. My 3rd favorite thing at camp is trying out new sports/things everyday during elective time.
4. My 4th favorite thing at camp is getting to do your favorite sport everyday (my core sport was soccer) for 5 hours except for Saturdays which is Shabbat.
5. My 5th favorite thing is getting to meet new people that are different ages, from different places and different schools.
6. My 6th favorite thing is the color war [Maccabi Cup] which was team DAIRY (green) vs. team MEAT (blue) and DAIRY won (I was on DAIRY). Another session it was GATORADE (green) vs. WATER (blue) and again green won (which was GATORADE.) Color war is where you do challenges to earn points and at the end of the competition Josh and Mara count up all the points and that determines which team wins.
7. My 7th favorite part of camp is all the other girls because there is very few of them compared to the boys and that makes all the girls work together very nicely and get closer.
8. My 8th favorite thing at camp is the counselors. For example my main counselor usually jumped on my bed to wake me up and that was “fun”. Another thing is that another girl counselor during rest hour would offer to do our hair and do our nails.
9. My 9th favorite thing is the talent show where you and/or a group of people think of something and do it during a talent show, for example some girls in my group did the cup song but wrote a camp version.
10. My 10th favorite thing about camp is the food. I like it because you get to personally chose your food. They have pasta a lot and they always have a salad bar and you get to have one dessert per day.